Friday, January 28, 2011

1/28/2011 Quail Run Has a Parade!

This is an event filled weekend here in Quail Run. Tomorrow there is a carnival here in the park put together by Judy, one of our workampers.

To get everyone in the mood we had an in park parade. All winter residents of Quail Run and anyone who wanted to be in it could. There were decorated golf carts, a group from the mini-golf league, the Domino Divas made an appearance, the Canadians in the park marched behind their nation’s flag, lots of dogs dressed in costumes with their humans and a clown and who knows what else.

Bob was outside and came in and said they were coming up our street and that I should come out and see the parade. I just looked at him. He went out.

I sat there for a minute more and my friend’s words of advice went through my head. I pictured each of them with a little cartoon bubble overhead with their words of wisdom and personal knowledge. You have to fight this. You have to force yourself to go out. You can’t give in to it.

I grabbed my camera and out I went.

The sun felt good on my face. I watched all our friends through my viewfinder enjoying themselves, laughing, LIVING and I knew then I had to fight if I was ever going to get through this.

I took picture after picture and it felt good! I was doing something familiar and everyone was calling out greetings to me and that made me feel even better. I was missed.

The parade passed by and I went back in the house.

After dinner I walked up to the Cantina to see if anyone was there playing cards or Mexican Train but the tables were all empty. No game playing tonight. It was ok,,,I was content to be home this evening. After playing a few games of Scrabble online I decided to upload the pictures I had taken of the parade, to go through them and pick out the best and get them edited. Oh no! Somehow my camera setting had gotten moved and it was on a setting that I have never used before and actually don’t know what its supposed to do but it took very washed out pictures and nothing I did made them acceptable. All the pictures were just terrible and I ended up deleting them.

5 comments:

Marge said...

Who cares about pictures. It's the thought that counts isn't it. OK so pictures would have been nice. The thing that matters is that you were out there. Keep it up. You need to be around people and people need you. I've missed your blog.
Marge

smdrm said...

Snookie,

Hang in there, girl. You can fight through this fog you're in. You realize the problem, and you know the solution, so that's half the battle. It all begins with that first step, and you've done that. Keep going!!

smdrm said...

Snookie,

Hang in there, girl. You can fight through this fog you're in. You realize the problem, and you know the solution, so that's half the battle. It all begins with that first step, and you've done that. Keep going!!

Selene, NC

LaVon Baker said...

It was sooo good to hear your voice on the phone!!

Karla said...

hey Snookie, you met me in San Antonio, TX, I worked at Rainforest Cafe. Still reading up on your adventures sometimes and I hope you pull yourself out of your rut. Life is too short and I hope you go back to embracing it again.