Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1/4/2011 Pictures of the Finished Product

I’ve been getting lots of requests for pictures of the “finished product” which would be our park model after all the work Bob did on installing new floors. I am happy to oblige.

Looking from the hallway towards the living room.

IMG_7070

A closer look.

IMG_7061

The kitchen from the living room.

IMG_7062

Where we eat and sit and the fridge.

IMG_7063

They say “imitation is the best form of flattery”. I firmly believe this and I hope if and when my friend see this she takes in that vein. You see, I was in a friend’s park model here shortly after we arrived and took notice of a wall hanging she had. Well, I just loved it! I knew I had to have one too.

IMG_7064

I came right out and asked her where she got and she told me and even how much she paid for it. Well, I was floored when she told me how much she paid and the surprise must have shown on my face because she said, “Touch it.” Here I thought I was looking at a piece of wood which was carved and painted and in actuality it is paper mache. Light as a feather. Well, I really made out because my friend paid full price for it at $19.99 and I got it on sale for $8.97 and then got 3% back through e-bates. The Queen of Cheap was very happy about this one! And even happier now that its on the wall of our park model. “Imitation IS the best form of flattery” that’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it.

Moving on….

The bedroom.

IMG_7058

I looked at dozens and dozens of quilts trying to find one that wasn’t too masculine or too feminine and that would go with the color that this room will be painted next season. I had it narrowed down to four and kept looking at them everyday and then the day came when I checked again and this was ON SALE! That did it for me!

IMG_7054

IMG_7057

So there it is. Did we get done all we wanted to? No, we didn’t. I hoped the painting would be done this year but it didn’t happen. Next year it will get done. That and countertops. Shhhh,,,,don’t tell Bob, I haven’t told him about the countertops I want him to make yet. Let’s just keep that between you and me for now.

Want to spend next winter in Arizona? The park model is for rent!

8 comments:

DeWayne and Joy said...

Beautiful!!!! You and Bob have made a beautiful home. I love the green, it looks so relaxing. I've been waiting a long time to see these pictures and it was worth it. See ya soon!

Rachel said...

I LOVE it! So simple, and cozy and inviting! Thanks for sharing these pics!

Steph said...

YOu have made a really beautiful home!!!!! Everything matched and you totally saved some money there with all those discounts. I love that paper mache wall decoration too. It doesn't look like paper mache at all.

Anonymous said...

Your park model looks better than brand new. You did a GREAT job.

LaVon Baker said...

It's beautiful!! You are talented in so many areas.

Brianna said...

You are a very good interior designer! You really know how to pick the right furniture that will go along with what you're decorating. I actually have a hard time picking out or even looking for furniture that I really want or need. I guess I'm just not that lucky.

Snookie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Snookie said...

Brianna,

How sweet of you to say so but I can't take credit for this. With the exception of the green chair, the tablecloth, the bedspread and a wall hanging, it was all there already. The floors of course were done by Bob.

To our credit we did rearrange the furniture.

Thanks again!