Thursday, October 11, 2012

10/7 -10/11/2012 Gettin' Er Done!

(Hunter Army Airfield, Savannah, GA)

The tote bags are empty!  Well, the ones in the living room are empty.  I still have one in the bedroom closet but its out of the way so when I get to it,,,,I get to it.

I finally found my way to the Laundromat here on base.  Seven loads of clothes, towels and sheets later I declared the laundry done!  Of course before the day over we had the laundry bags with clothes in them again.  A vicious cycle!

Bob has been very busy around our new place.  Learning about our new systems and fixing minor little things.  For instance, our kitchen faucet needed to be tightened after bouncing on the road.
We are here longer than we anticipated.  We do have one problem with the 5th wheel that we have to get fixed in a dealership service bay.  The problem is getting someone to do the work.  It's either they don't work on big rigs like ours, they don't the have personnel on board who knows how to do the work we need done or they won't work with the warranty and want payment up front for parts and service.  After spending the better part of the day on the phone we were finally able to get a file open for the claim  and we've made arrangements to get the work done in Jacksonville, Florida next week.

We'll stay in the Mayport Naval Station and I've secured a waterfront site for us.  I can't wait to get there!

Not that where we are isn't nice, its just completely different.  Here we are in a wooded area.  This is what we see out of our driver side of the rig.

IMG_3195

This is the wooded area right outside our door.

IMG_3196

Hopefully, within the next two days we will get to Savannah.

For those of you who are frequent readers and even those of you who are fairly new here, have you taken notice of the little tv like screen in the upper left hand corner of the post?  I signed up for that several weeks(?), months(?) ago and I have to be honest with you I never paid attention to it until the past few days.  Well, I'm wondering now what I've missed out on!  Each day that you click on it you get short videos about Food & Cooking, Fashion & Beauty or Humor & Inspiration.  Some of the humor videos made me laugh out loud.  I've have also picked up a few dinner ideas from the food videos and I've learned a thing or two about organization.  There's even a place for you to shop for the latest and greatest makeup look.  You can probably even buy other things but todays offering was makeup and that's all I know about that section because I clicked on that tab for the first time today.  So there it is, something new on my blog, at least new to me.

I'd like to give a shout out to Mary L. from the campground on Tybee Island.  She was one of the pirates I took the picture of and from the sounds of it may become a frequent reader.  Welcome aboard Mary.  Welcome also to Sabrina, she is also a new reader and someone I hope will enjoy the journey with us.

1 comment:

sixkidsmom said...

I can't believe you didn't get a washer/dryer in your new rig. I love how it's laid out. You are living my dream. Maybe some day when all the little ones are grown!