Monday, September 22, 2014

9/22/2014 Settled in at Kirtland AFB

(Albuquerque, NM)

Well, we’re here for a week.  We figure that will give us enough time to find a repairman, get parts ordered if need be and delivered and then installed.  I know, I know, a weeks is wishful thinking on my part.  I am we are, so ready to get to Arizona.  There is a 14 day limit here for spaces in this FamCamp.  Surely, we won’t be here that long.

I did get recommendations from the office on RV repair places.  I called Tom’s RV and left a message for a callback.  A short while later our call was returned but I just missed it.  Looking at the number I recognized it as Tom’s RV Repair and dialed back right away.  It’s a good thing I did too!  Tom’s wife, Elaine, was calling and leaving me a message that Tom no longer did mobile repair and that they were making appointments two weeks out.  Well, as she was leaving that message I had Tom on the phone explaining where we were, what was wrong, that we were full-timers and needed help.  He agreed to see us tomorrow morning at ten.  That was a lucky call for us.

We took a ride into the main part of town to see what was here.  We spotted a Sam’s Club so made a stop there to get some Campari tomatoes and  few other things.

On the way back to the base I took notice of these low lying clouds.

IMG_8829

As we got closer to the base we saw these cloudbursts.

IMG_8830

IMG_8831

IMG_8833
As quickly as the rains came, they left.

IMG_8834
At the base we never got a drop.  It went all around us.  At one point I thought for sure we were going to get nailed.

IMG_8836
Then I looked at the area at the back of the 5th wheel and this was the sky.  So we hung out at the back end.

IMG_8837

No comments: