Sunday, May 11, 2008

5/11/08 Pear Scented Armpits????

Our last day here in the desert. Hooray! We are so ready to get to some other location, away from high heat, the color brown, the sound of fighter planes overhead, the color brown, reville, the color brown.

We figured we'd better take advantage of the Commissary before we go so we spent quite a bit time there stocking up.

One of the things on my list was deodorant for me. I have a favorite brand and they didn't have it. I was checking out the shelf for what was available and one in particular caught my eye. It was pear scented. Who in the world would want pear scented armpits? True, I've used strawberry scented shampoo and scented soaps but when it comes to my armpits I want NO scent, pears included! I didn't buy that one.

I made my way to the laundry detergent aisle and took notice that there were about 8 different kinds of Tide Laundry Detergent. Tide with Downy, Tide with Febreeze, Tide with bleach, Tide with colorbleach, whatever that is, Tide with Mountain Scent, excuse me here for a sec...isn't a mountain made out of dirt?....Tide for cold water, Tide for front loading machines, whoa, let's back up here. Tide for front loading machines? How does it know its in a front loading machine versus a top loader? If used in a top loader does it cling to the lid and refuse to clean the clothes? Do we as consumers really fall for this? I'd bet dollars to donuts that they are all the same product in all the bottles.

The cleaning product aisle was next. Now I'm sure you are familiar with the pretty blue liquid that is used to clean windows, namely, Windex. I, myself, have used it for years. Well, it seems that old standby is no longer good enough. Now you have a choice between that and Mountain Berry Scent Windex! I don't want my windows and mirrors to smell like mountain berries. I don't even know what a mountain berry is if the truth be told.

I'm off my Commissary soapbox now. Thanks for listening, I needed to get that off my chest.

We'll be pulling out of here tomorrow and heading for Utah. I already know that Wifi will not be available for uploading pictures to the blog. So what I'm going to do is write the blog and add my pictures, which are sure to be spectacular, and will upload as soon as I can.

So I'll be off for a few days, probably until Friday. Check back then and see where we've been!

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Oh my! I'm wiping tears... from laughing so hard. I read this post to Don and he was laughing. Snookie, you slay us! Don said the bees might really like that pear scented deod.