Saturday, May 3, 2008

5/3/08 Lovin' Life in the Desert

We both slept well last night. All the windows were open and it was a little on the chilly side, but a nice kind of chilly.

After our morning stints on the computers checking email, checking forums and in my case reading the twelve blogs I follow everyday, it was time to get this day started. Note to Darlene...I'd like to make it thirteen...hint, hint.

Bob started the set up of our satellite dish. Ours stands on a tripod outside and after getting it all fitted together it was time to find our satellite in space. Bob locked onto the signal fairly quickly and in no time we had a a whole lot of channels to choose from.

One thing we have noticed here is that everyone is so very friendly. Not one person has walked by and not said hello and most have stopped to talk. I don't know if we should attribute that to being RV'ers, the friendliest people on earth, or to belonging to the military and the kinship we share there. Regardless, we've met some very nice folks in the less than 24 hours we've been here.

Bob and I both had priorities today. His was to go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get a water pressure regulator. Mine was to find out where the closest Capriotti's is.

Ahhhh, Capriotti's, I salivate just thinking about it. For those you not in the know, Capriotti's is one of the best loved sub shops in Delaware and there are now Capriotti's spread all over the country! Franchises have been sold and there are several here in Vegas. You can bet we'll be having a sub while we're here. Probably two! We haven't had a sub or a cheese steak in over a year and a half now, at least not GOOD ONES! I've had one or two really terrible imitations of an east coast sub. Oh yes, a Capriotti sub is in our near future for sure. I found that there is one just 6 or 7 miles down the road from the base. I read the online restaurant reviews and 99% of them just raved about these sandwiches.

For our Quail Run readers,,,,I talked with Shelley Wright and they are ok. I know you have noticed that she hasn't blogged lately because of the comments on her blog and those I've talked on the phone with. She won't have Internet connection until Monday the 5th. She'll bring us to date on their adventures then.

Tonight we were sitting outside for awhile and we can see the lights from the Strip in Las Vegas from our patio. We won't go into town until at least Monday. We've learned to stay put when in a big town on the weekends. Traffic is just too bad, especially when in unfamiliar territory.

So that was pretty much our day today. Just another day in the life of these full timing RV'ers.

Play on Words...

Did you hear about the guy who had his whole left side cut off? He's all right now.

3 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

"He's all right now." Do you believe that it took me a couple of seconds to catch that? Leave me alone, I don't feel good.

Anonymous said...

You don't know how happy I am that you will finally have a capriotti's sub or cheese steak. I had subs and Bobbies for the kids this weekend!!! Yummy!! They wer down for the beach and sun!! A beautiful weekend in Lower Delaware!!

Elaine

Peggy & Bill said...

I loved your Left Side/Right Side joke! You always put a smile on my face! I love reading your blogs! Always full of smiles & interest!
Hope you enjoy Vegas. Leave your bank card home!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peg & Bill