Monday, May 26, 2008

5/26/08 We're at the Canyon!

After our morning computer rituals we packed up in no time at all so we could get on the road. Before we left Bob pointed out this weed. Prettiest weed I've ever seen!

IMG_3459

Our trip north was absolutely uneventful, just what every RV'er wants.

We pulled up to the entry gate and showed our National Parks Pass and were waved on through. We're now $35.00 ahead on that little gem.

As we made our way through the park to the Camping Village we took notice of all the cars parked on the side of the road. I looked to my right and could see just the very top of the rim and knew I was looking at the Grand Canyon. I looked away quickly as I didn't want to see it this way. I want to walk up to it and see it in all its glory.

We found our site with no trouble and got set up in short order.

IMG_3461

In this site we'll only have neighbors on one side as a little wooded section is on the back side of our rig. We walked through that little wooded section and Bob pointed out tracks of deer and possibly elk that I would have never taken notice of. I was also given a lesson on what deer poop looks like. Ahh,,,life with a hunter!

John and Bonnie McMullen are coming to spend the day with us tomorrow.

I can't wait to see what my Quail Run friend, Darlene, calls the "hole in the ground".

Gotta run, have to get the camera battery charged!

3 comments:

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

What is the temp? We are freezing here in OH. Have fun and can't wait to see the pics.

LaVon Baker said...

A BIG hole in the ground.

ttprincess1226 said...

We camped at the Grand Canyon and those ARE elk tracks you see! We had deer and elk walking by our campsite every night. One night I went out to bring some trash and was startled by a deer a few feet away from our trailer.