Saturday, October 10, 2009

10/10/2009 Ahhh, GIRLFRIEND TIME!!!

We did stuff around the house today but nothing worth writing about. My best part of the whole day was Saturday evening.

After dinner, LaVon and I went shopping. I wanted to buy a utensil canister for my kitchen and whatever else might jump out at me. We both had 20% discount coupons for World Market so that was our first stop. I bought an apron. My very first apron. I just finally got tired of dripping stuff on me that stained while cooking. Spattering oil doesn’t come out either so I thought it was time to invest in an apron. It only took me 30 years, can you say S L O W learner?

From there we went to Kohl’s and Target and a few other stores but I forget which ones now. I think I found my canister in Target. Plain white, goes with everything.

Time for ice cream! Oh. My. Gosh. Have you ever been to Cold Stone Creamery? This was my very first visit to this ice cream store and I can guarantee you it won’t be my last! I have never seen anything like this and neither LaVon or I had our camera’s with us! GASP! Oh how I wish I had. I will be going back with camera in hand. So we get in line and when it was our turn we test tasted the butter pecan ice cream. Yep, that’s the one for me and add pecans to it please.

The company uses in-store made ice cream that is combined with mix-ins…… nuts, candy or other items that are folded into the ice cream to make a new flavor. Cold Stone's name comes from the frozen granite stone, used to mix "mix-ins" on.

The young lady behind the counter asked me what I wanted, cone or dish and I opted for the waffle cone lined dish. What size??? Hmmm. what size? I had a choice of three: Like It, Love It or Gotta Have It. Well, gee whiz, the biggest one please! OH, WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS! I watched her scoop out a ball of ice cream bigger than a softball! A softball! Do you know how much ice cream that is? A LOT! A WHOLE LOT! Twelve ounces to be exact! She put it on the granite slab and got a scoop of pecans and started mixing it in. This ice cream is not hard nor is it soft. Its juuuust right.

I didn’t find out till later that we could have been entertained had anyone put money into the tip jar. In the spirit of having a good time while you work and to encourage customers to give tips, Cold Stone instructs employees to sing a Cold Stone song, usually to the tune of recognizable songs such as "Take Me Out to the Ballgame, "I’ve Been Working on the Railroad“, or "BINGO", when a customer places money in the tip jar. Lyrics include short, catchy phrases, such as, "This is our Cold Stone song, it is not very long". I’ll throw something in that jar next time.

I can’t wait to go back again and take Bob, he loves ice cream.

And yes, I ate it all. I don’t know how but I did. It was just so good I couldn’t help myself. I didn’t make it through the waffle cone liner though.

I really needed this “girlfriend time” and I’m so glad it was with LaVon.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

I didn't know that about the "tip jar." That's too cool.