Wednesday, October 7, 2009

10/7/2009 Let the Transition Begin!

We were on the road a little before nine today.

Destination: Quail Run RV Resort.

Objective: To get a good head start on getting the park model ready for occupancy.

End Result of Day One: WE DID GOOD!

So we arrived ….

IMG_2467

……raring to go. Where do we start? What do we have to do?

Bob started with the shed. He emptied it, sorted it, made lots of trips to the dumpster and now our shed is all organized and clean and everything is in its place. I’m takin’ bets on how long this will last. I’ve already put myself down for 10/8/09 at 9:03 AM when it will a just go to hell in a hand basket and we won’t even be able to find the bikes. You think I’m kidding.

So I picked a place in the kitchen and just worked myself “right”. I cleaned everything in every drawer and cabinet, throwing stuff out as I went. All the appliances are sparkling clean and counter tops are scrubbed. Tomorrow Bob has to decide which of the two coffee makers he wants to use and the kitchen will be officially done. Well, no, that isn’t right. I have to get wire shelf thingy’s. The cabinets are so high and if I get wire shelves I’ll have twice as much room to store things.

Bob called me out back this afternoon to show me what the Arizona summer sun had done to our Ladder Golf game that we left behind. This is PVC pipe. Can you imagine what it does to your skin without sunscreen? This was WHITE when we left. The sun BURNED it! (Note to self: GET SUNSCREEN!)

IMG_2468

Tomorrow our friend, Al, is coming over to wash our rig with this high pressure hose thing he has. It has a name and for the life of me I can’t think of it. It will come to me later.

I’ll do the insides of all the windows tomorrow and get the bathroom done and hopefully Bob will get the outsides of the windows and do the living room. Now there’s a plan!

As we worked around the house today we each started a mental wish list of things we’d like to do to the place and the grounds. Let me put it this way, Publisher’s Clearing House better be coming to Arizona City like their email keeps telling me they are! And when they get here they better be coming to Site # 5,,,,,we’re gonna need it! Oh do we have plans!

Pressure washer! That’s what its called, a pressure washer. I knew it would come to me.

Wanna guess what my favorite thing in the whole park model is? Nope, not the gigantic refrigerator with vegetable bin so big you could make an infants crib out of it! No, its not the full size, four burner with huge oven with TWO RACKS in it stove. Nada to the full size bathtub and 40 gallon hot water heater to go with it. No to the rock solid floor under my feet that won’t move no matter how windy it is. Give up?

I’ll SHOW you what my favorite thing is.

IMG_2469

Yep, a HANDLE with which to flush the toilet. Now if you have never been in an RV than this means nothing to you and you are probably thinking I’m pretty strange. Let me explain. In a RV, the toilet is flushed by stepping on a pedal attached to the toilet. This pedal opens the trap in the toilet and then……well, you know. When you live in an RV for any period of time, and especially after 3 years, well it takes some getting used to to flush the toilet like a normal person, well no, that isn’t right. It takes some getting used to to flush the toilet in the normal way. Well, that’s not right either because stepping on the pedal is NORMAL to me. It takes some time to re-train oneself to flush the toilet using the handle! Yeah, that’s it! Trust me, I used the facilities three times today and each time my foot reached for that pedal. Yep, this is going to take some time.

After dinner, Bob watched some TV and fell asleep shortly after eight and I spent some time down at Don & LaVon’s. It so great to have friends like these two, we are so fortunate they are a part of our lives.

5 comments:

Peggy & Bill said...

Welcome Home! Sounds like you got a lot done already. Also sounds like Bob tires out faster than you! I know, us girls always have the energy to gab & visit! Love the toilet handle picture!

Peggy & Bill said...

Oh yes, I forgot, we really do need sunscreen!

LaVon Baker said...

Well, shoot! I kept coming back today to see if I turned the counter. Probably turned while I was talking to you!!!

BUD AND SHELLEY said...

hi snookie glad you made it to quail run! i understand about the toilet issue! by the way i bloged!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are there. When we got up this morning we had over an inch of snow on the ground!!!!! It is too early for this white stuff. Besides we are suppose to be in Arizona before the snow comes. See you soon.