Tuesday, October 27, 2009

10/27/2009 A River Runs Through It

Line dancing started this morning! But before I get into that let me tell you that I had a pretty good night’s sleep. I only got up three times but I think got rid of GALLONS each time. At one point, at around 3 a.m., having nearly fallen asleep while sitting there, I thought to myself,,,,,is there water running??? and then I realized it was still me! Like I said, GALLONS!

First thing this morning I stepped on the scale happy to find that the number had fallen by four. I’m still retaining a lot of water but it is starting to go away. I can make a fist much better now than I could although still not a tight fist but my shoes are still tight. Its going to take time. BP was still good this morning but the pulse is still at 96. I did find out (later in the day) that the "normal" pulse rate for an adult in my age range is between 50 and 100 so I'm not going to worry about it.

Back to line dancing. Darn, It felt good to go there. We used muscles we haven’t used in awhile so there were a few groans heard during the class….or maybe I was just listening to me. We had a small class compared to what we will have in a few months.

IMG_2533

Today the pool was emptied. There needs to be some work done to it and evidently it couldn’t be done during the summer when no one uses it due to the heat. So it will be down for two long weeks. I imagine some will still get sun time around the pool for the company if nothing else. Time will tell,

So we’re saying goodbye to this,

IMG_2534

It won’t take long to drain at this rate.

IMG_2538

It’s making quite a waterway in the street.

IMG_2535

It didn’t take long for Marlene to start having fun.

IMG_2536

IMG_2537

After every season Marlene makes a collage of pictures of the people who stayed here during the season. I’m in here three times, can you pick me out? (Double click to enlarge)

IMG_2540

We found a decorative pomegranate, I’m not sure about that spelling, and Marlene “tasted” it, she is so much more braver than me!

IMG_2543

IMG_2542

……and the pool keeps draining.

IMG_2546

At 4:30 we met Wendy and Rick and Don and LaVon came over from Sunscape and brought George and Nancy with them. Remember, we saw George and Nancy in Salt Lake City just a month ago. The special people just keep showing up in our lives. We were all supposed to have a cookout at Wendy and Rick’s but the wind kicked up big time and along with a sand storm. Nix eating outside. So we all met in the Cantina, pushed two tables together and we ate, and ate, and ate. Hot dogs and hamburgers, potato salad, cole slaw, green bean salad, devilled eggs and the list goes on and on and on.

We laughed more than we ate and that’s a good thing!

IMG_2549

LaVon, such a sweetheart!

IMG_2550

George.

IMG_2552

George and Nancy (Killer)

IMG_2555

This was so much fun, we laughed and had a great time. Good food, good laughs and good friends. What more could you ask for?

The pool is now empty, you can see by the sand in the bottom what kind of sand storm we had.

IMG_2547

What a good day! Life is good! GREAT!

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Ohhhhh, I owe you one!!!