Saturday, October 31, 2009

10/31/2009 ….And the Gang Rolls In!

The “gang”. It seems strange to use the word gang when you are talking about a group of seniors. Seniors! I don’t like that word. Well, I don’t like it until it means I get a discount for something. Heck, if I’m with a group and everyone is getting a “senior discount” I may even age a few years if need be. I’ve been known to age from 55 to senior status in a blink of an eye. I especially like it when Bob goes to buy our tickets to whatever function we’re attending and he gets the two senior tickets. Of course with him being five years older than me I have to blend into the background so no one takes notice of the young chick he’s with.

So as the title says, the gang is rollin’ in. Chuck and Janet arrived today as did Bill and Judy. Keith and Lorraine came in a few days ago and Dan and Bonnie are here. Sandy and Carl have been here a few weeks and Marlene and Garry came in last week. So day by day the another RV spot fills, another park model gets opened up and we’re all happy to be here and together again. Yep, the gang is rollin’ in. Let the winter season begin!

Bob has been very busy around here as he is running new electric lines and adding electrical outlets where we had none.

IMG_2581

He’s been busy running wires and connecting this to that.

IMG_2585

A lot of women may be extremely nervous when their husbands start cutting holes in the side of their homes but I have no qualms at all. In 29 years, Bob has never messed anything up, not once. Yes, ladies, I know how lucky I am!

IMG_2591

IMG_2592

I’m showing you this picture of what I now view as a dismal “backyard”. It won’t be this way for long. I’ve seen Bob just stand there at one end, just looking, and I know from experience the wheels are turning. I watched him measure yesterday, side to side, front to back, oh yes, the wheels are turning and I know a mini paradise isn’t too far off in the future. So here is our before picture.

IMG_2586

We had a slight breeze today so our silverware chimes were making beautiful music for us.

IMG_2588

Bob found this skeleton of a cactus in the yard. Oh yeah, and look at that temperature! In the shade no less.

IMG_2589

Our cactus is having a hard time. We don’t know what’s wrong with it. It seems to be dying but we don’t know why.

IMG_2584

Our oranges are starting to ripen.

IMG_2583

We had a Halloween party in the park tonight but Bob and I opted to stay home and watch our Phillies play. I wish the game had a better outcome but there’s always tomorrow’s game. I sure wouldn’t want to be in Philadelphia on Sunday. The Phillies are playing in the World Series and the Eagles have a home game. Can you imagine the traffic? Here’s hoping our hometown teams have winning days tomorrow.

I can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings.

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

I love this post! I can't wait to see what Bob is creating and I love how you have affirmed his creativity with your words. Thumbs up... to both of you!

Karen and Al said...

I am one of those who get nervous when hubby starts cutting holes in ANYTHING. I really got nervous when he drilled a hole in the bottom of our brand new boat!