Monday, October 26, 2009

10/26/2009 I’m Going to BUST!

Picture this. A rubber band pulled just to the point that you think its going to tear apart. Or this. A balloon being blown up and you think if you blow into it just more time its going POP! Well, that’s just how I feel. My skin is being stretched to the max and its tight. Very tight. I don’t like this and I’ll be glad when its over. I’m just waiting for the “good” water to kick in.

I went to Marilyn’s to have my blood pressure taken this morning but she wasn’t home. She has this nifty little machine that does all the work so her husband, Earl, was able to step in and get it taken care of for me. Blood pressure was good mid 120’s over 76. Pulse: 79! Hooray, its down. I was really concerned about this because last evening it was 110.

I sat with Marlene at her place this afternoon and she offered me a prescription diuretic. I know, I know, I shouldn’t take it but YOUR skin isn’t stretched to the limit like mine is. I just want relief. I did take it and the name and all information about it to a nurse practitioner we have here in the park and she saw no problem with me taking it. She did advise that I wait until tomorrow morning to take it otherwise I would be up all night running to the bathroom.

At three o’clock I was just so uncomfortable that I didn’t care if I was going to have a lousy night’s sleep or not, I just wanted that pill to start doing its job. So I took it.

Bob played pool for a little bit today, getting practice for the men’s pool league that will be starting soon.

After dinner I went visiting and to have “my numbers” run for one last time today. BP – good Pulse –96 Maybe it is my normal. I can see a visit to a doctor in my near future.

No comments: