Sunday, October 18, 2009

10/18/2009 Bob Builds, Snookie Sunbathes

It was another hot one here in the desert. We crossed that 100 degree mark again.

We started our morning with a trip to Lowe’s to buy “feet” for a TV/Directv box shelf that Bob is making. We have looked for a ready made, store bought one but couldn’t find anything. Bob looked online but the least expensive one he found was $38.00 plus shipping. We decided it would be better to make one. When we were at Walmart’s yesterday we had bought a pecan cutting board that was just the right size and a wire shelf to set it on. We weren’t thrilled about the wire shelf but it would do the job and we figured all you would see would be the “legs” anyway. So we set it up and it was too tall for the TV to sit on and fit under the cabinet overhead. We were back to square one.

So off to Lowe’s we go. I had suggested we get some PVC pipe and cut it to the right lengths for feet for each corner. I figured we could paint them black and we would be good to go. Looking around Bob found a piece of wood for $2.28 that would work just right.

IMG_2511

He screwed each one on and painted them black. Not in that order of course.

IMG_2513

And now we have a very nice shelf at just the right height for our Directv box.

IMG_2510

While Bob was doing all this I was spending the afternoon at the pool. I didn’t know how long I would last and Bob was laying bets that I’d be back in 20 minutes. Well, I lasted two hours. I spent the first hour in the pool and got out because my I figured my fingers couldn’t shrivel anymore than they had. And..,..I had to call home to a few friends and family members to let them know I was hangin’ at the pool because I had seen the weather forecast for Delaware and knew they were having a miserable cold day and I just had to rub it in! Hey, it was payback for the remarks I heard over the summer when we were in jeans and sweatshirts while in Alaska and they were all hangin’ at the pool or were at the beach. (That’s “shore” for you Jersey readers)

In the evening we watched our Phillies lose a game.

Overall, a pretty good day in paradise.

No comments: