Thursday, October 29, 2009

10/29/2009 Lovely Ladies Lunch

Its a tad bit warmer today, warm enough to wear shorts at least but I have to admit, most were in long pants until mid afternoon. Not me, I’m not giving in yet!

Today I had the pleasure of going to lunch with the girls. Since Nancy (Killer) Reid will only be in this area until Friday we decided to go out to lunch. There was Nancy of course, LaVon, Ginny, Donna and me.

It was decided that we would all meet at the Creative Cafe in Casa Grande at 11:30. Donna drove from Quail Run and Ginny and I rode with her. We arrived at noon. Donna said we would go the “back way” into town and Ginny and I agreed with her. We figured she knew where she was going. What we didn’t know was that Donna was counting on us to tell her the way. Now Ginny and I had been this way many times,,,,,as passengers. When you are a passenger you don’t pay attention, at least Ginny and I don’t. Next thing you know we’re on this dusty dirt road with no town in sight. Ok, turn around. We eventually got there but not without two calls from LaVon asking how close we were getting. Next time, we go the “front” way.

We finally arrived and LaVon poses by the sign.

IMG_2578

It’s my first time in this restaurant and I had no idea what to expect.

IMG_2579

This restaurant was started back in 2000 for a specific reason. The owners and their partner, sorry I forget their names, started this restaurant to give mentally challenged adults a place to get a job.

Everyone is greeted by Jimmy with his signature, “Have you been a good girl/boy today?” Jimmy’s job is to bus the tables and he was helpful in getting our waiter a few times when we needed him. Jim also refreshed out drinks…..with a huge smile!

IMG_2576

What struck me first when we entered was the splash of color everywhere.

IMG_2568

IMG_2569

Anthony was our waiter for the day and he was very good.

IMG_2565

It was very hard to pick what to order because the menu carried so many choices and they all sounded sooooo good! We finally got everything ordered and then it was time to play.

Donna and Nancy

IMG_2564

Lunches arrived and I was sorry I didn’t get what LaVon and Nancy got. Three berry salad with chicken.

IMG_2566

I ordered……drum roll please……..a HAMBURGER!

At one point I had to go to the ladies room and was so taken with how nicely it was painted I went back with camera in hand.

IMG_2570

The water fountain area.

IMG_2572

When I passed the camera to show how pretty the ladies room is the question of “What does the men’s room look like?” came up. Wrong thing to say to this group! Donna and I took off for the men’s room. She knocked and when we didn’t hear anything she pushed open the door and called out, “Anybody in here?” When we got no response she pushed the door all the way open and I snapped one.

IMG_2573

Decorated with kokopelli’s, it figures.

IMG_2577

It was time for our group picture and all but one of us had a camera so Anthony, our waiter, was quite busy with the picture taking.

IMG_2574

Our delicious lunch was over and it was time to take our leave.

IMG_2580

We all enjoyed our luncheon very much. Good food, GREAT friends, a super way to spend a Thursday noontime.

Afterwards we stopped at the Chamber of Commerce to pick up lots of brochures for ideas for day trips. Readers, I’m going to be taking you to some pretty interesting places this winter season.

2 comments:

Unique RVs said...

Sounds like you are a fun group of gals to eat dinner with and brave too for taking pictures of the men's restroom. You have an entertaining blog too. Maybe I will feature you on uniquervs.com as....unique travelers ;).

Peggy & Bill said...

I thought I was the only one who took pictures in unique bathrooms! Did that at the Bob Bullock Museum in Texas!
I'm jealous for not having had lunch with you all!