Friday, October 23, 2009

10/23/2009 Dinner with Friends

We’re up early today since a repairman from Directv was coming anywhere between 8 and 12. The bedroom TV is only picking up half the channels so this has to be fixed.

He showed up at a little after nine and had the problem fixed in no time. Seems some kind of switch went bad. It’s been installed for less than a week, I’m second guessing my decision not to get the service plan for an extra five bucks a month. I’m going to have think about that a little further I think.

It was a lazy day of sorts in the desert today. Neither one of us did too much of anything.

Our friends, Al and Carol picked us up at 5:30 for dinner at the local Moose Club. Friday night Fish Fry! Actually, only Carol had fish as the rest of us opted for the shrimp and crab cake. I was a little leery of the crab cake but i was pleasantly surprised to find out it was pretty good. In fact, good enough that I ate Carol’s too since she doesn’t eat shellfish. Hey, they were SMALL crab cakes.

No comments: