Wednesday, October 21, 2009

10/21/2009 Picking Out Paint

When we were at Lowe’s the other day I had picked up those cardboard paint sample thingy’s in all colors of green. From lime green to evergreen, from mint green to kelly green. Enough little swatches of green color to be sure to be able to match one of the green colors on our park model. Our two sets of steps need painting and since EVERYTHING about this park model seems to be WHITE I wanted to paint them to match one of the green stripe colors. I need some color! So we have all these little cardboard thingy’s like I said and a bigger brochure with even more greens to choose from. Surely one will match.

I lost them.

I don’t know how. Bob said I had them when we got in the truck and we’ve looked everywhere. They have just vanished into thin air. So when Bob went to Walmart a day or so ago to get bike tires he picked up a green brochure from there. I matched one of the colors perfectly. I did the happy dance because we’re finally going to get some color around here.

Off to Walmart we go, we’re going to buy paint! Happy, happy, happy. Bob goes to the paint department and I head to fresh veggies to see if they got a new shipment in or not. They didn’t. I head back to paint and Bob and the paint guy are still going round and round about the paint color. Seems as though I folded the paper to get a better look at the color sample against the park model and paint guy didn’t realize it was Walmart’s paint chart to begin with and was trying to computer match it but the fold was messing things up. I picked up another sample paper, handed it to him and he then proceeded to pick the much bigger sample card up from the rack. NOT EVEN CLOSE! I was so disappointed I just told Bob to get white.

White. I don’t like white. Right now I’m living with white walls, white counter tops, white appliances, white table, sofa with a near white background, carpet that is so light beige it might as well be white! White, white, white! I’m sick of it. I need some color!

So Bob spent the day scraping the sanding the sets of steps and I headed to the pool. And laid on a WHITE chaise lounge.

No comments: