Monday, October 19, 2009

10/19/2009 Bikes and Blooms

The tire on my bike was flat this morning. I don’t know why, it was fine when I went for a ride last night. Of course it was dark and I could have ridden through glass, over a nail, a sharp stone, who knows? It was flat. Bob tried to fix it….

IMG_2508

….but it wasn’t taking a patch or any other fix. He made another trip to Walmart for new tubes and tires because his tires were also flat on his bike. Maybe they were dry rotted because of the heat here and they weren’t taken out of the shed for the last year that we know of.

So Bob spent part of his afternoon working on our bikes.

IMG_2514

It was nice to be out and about because we had a nice breeze going. A warm breeze, but a breeze all the same.

IMG_2509

I went picture taking while he was doing this. The desert is somewhat in bloom.

IMG_2515

This bush was just loaded with butterflies and bees.

IMG_2518

IMG_2517

IMG_2519

IMG_2520

The cactus are standing tall.

IMG_2521

……but sadly, some didn’t make it through the summer.

IMG_2522

I stopped and visited my friend Sandy who happens to be the line dance instructor here in the park. It starts next Tuesday! Yay! She makes it so fun!

Evening brought another playoff baseball game and we thought our Phillies were going to lose this until it came to the very last seconds of the game. It was bottom of the ninth, 4 to 3 favor the Dodgers, 2 on base, 2 strikes, 2 outs and Rollins hit a double and two runs came in! The Phillies won! Perfect ending to a very nice day.

1 comment:

Peggy & Bill said...

I love your flower pictures!!
Don't disregard the possibility of picking up a cactus thorn in your tire. That happened to me last year.