Saturday, November 13, 2010

11/13/2010 The Floor is HOME!

First thing I heard this morning when I got up and went out into the living room was, “You know, I’ve been thinking about this all night.” Uh-oh, that’s never good.

Bob wants to make a change to our plans for the flooring. He wants to put the laminate flooring in the living/dining area and the bedroom and tile in the kitchen, bathroom and hall/entry way. I don’t have a problem with that. It won’t cost as much which sits well with me, you know, me being the Queen of Cheap and all.

Since we’ve decided to go that way we decided that we can upgrade the quality now. Bob had checked the reviews for the brand flooring that we were going with and the reviews were 50/50. Some raved about it and some said run away and run away fast. This is an interlocking floor system and Bob was a bit concerned about the quality of that. It’s decided. We’ll go back to Lowe’s and look in the Pergo section. Pergo has the underlayment stuff already attached so we won’t have that expense or extra work. Actually, it just about evens out in the long run with us saving about a hundred dollars, by buying the more expensive laminate flooring. Now we just have to find one that closely matches the one we both really like from the samples we brought home yesterday. This could be a challenge.

Back to Lowe’s. We saw the one that most closely matched the color and pattern of the one we wanted as soon as we walked in. It was $54.00 a box and it covered a whopping 15.5 square feet. We were back to square one. Upon closer inspection we did find two others that we both liked and then quickly agreed on one. Whew. We’ve got flooring! That part of it anyway.

Next came the tile. We found three that we liked and laid a piece of the laminate flooring down with the three pieces all around it. It took only seconds to discard one of them. I couldn’t make up my mind between the other two so I just told Bob this decision was his, pick one. He did and we got all the rest of the stuff we needed and headed to checkout.

We dropped a chunk of change but were happy with the $70.00 savings due to the military discount that Lowe’s offers. It paid the tax if nothing else.

So we unloaded it and its now acclimating to its environment. I don’t know that Lowe’s environment is all that different than our park model but we’ll do what they say.

IMG_6867

After dinner we attended the first dance of the season. Cactus Carl and Sandy played the music and a good time was had by all.

fall leaves

30 Days of Truth - Day 21 - (Scenario) Your Best Friend Is In A Car Accident and You Got Into a Fight a Couple of Hours Before. What Do You Do?

Oh this is a no brainer. Argument be damned! I’d be there just as fast as I could get there. The argument was probably over something silly anyway and even if it was over a major issue, friends are too precious to worry about that in an emergency.

I was thinking about this and took into account my situation today. Now that we’re on the road and in Arizona for the winter what would I do if one of my closest, best friends from back home was in accident? This would be a hard one. In fact, I did face one very serious illness with a girlfriend and for a short time it was a close call. I was in constant contact with her husband and if he had said she was asking for me then I would have flown home to Delaware in a heartbeat. If it was involving a serious car accident, I would find out if they were expected to recover. If so, I would be in constant contact but would stay put. If I was told it was just a matter of time, I’d be on next plane out. I have three friends that fall into this category, one in Delaware, one in New Jersey and one in Georgia.

This is my truth.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Friendship is important and is what matters, the arguement is in the past. Not to say the subject of the arguement would not be brought up again at a later time, but not when your friend needs you to be by their side.