Tuesday, November 2, 2010

11/2/2010 Line Dancing Started!

There were many pairs of happy feet in the park today. Line dancing started. Ah yes, it so good to hear two steps to ten o’clock, two steps to two o’clock, side step, one, two, three, four, turn, scuff, vine. Yessiree, happy feet!

left-foot-printright-foot-print

We had a good crowd this first day, I counted 34 participants. Quite a few newcomers so it was slow going at first but we got them all on the same page and after awhile and we were all in step for the most part. Of course there is that one gentleman who hears his own beat and its two faster than the rest of us so he’s always two steps ahead. But its ok, I can’t see him so he doesn’t mess my steps up.

This afternoon I went over to see Jerry and Phyllis. They are the oldest residents in our park. Or at least they have been here the longest. Jerry is 88 this month and Phyllis is 87 I believe. Phyllis has to keep busy and is always knitting something. Today she gave me two dish rags she knitted. I wasn’t sure about using knitted dishrags but I put one to use right away and I love them! I may never go back to store bought ones again.

IMG_6851

fall leaves

30 Days of Truth - Day 16: Something or Someone You Could Definitely Live Without

No problem answering this one! Alcohol,,,,Hands down! I don’t drink. I used to when i was in my late teens and early 20’s, but not since then.

Alcohol kills, in more ways than one. Alcohol makes fools out of people. Alcohol gives false courage. Alcohol makes people say things they should never let pass their lips.

I have been hurt and hurt deeply by alcohol influenced conversations. Things I should have never heard and that I can’t un-hear now.

Alcohol is the one thing that I could definitely live without and would gladly banish from the earth if I could. It benefits no one.

This is my truth.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Oh this goes back to some of the first questions you asked in this 30 days of truth. It is the relative(s)I spoke of earlier. My my life could be easier without the drama.