Monday, November 29, 2010

11/29/2010 Oh No, Another Trip to Town!

We’ve been to town nearly every day for the past 3 weeks. Today’s trip is because Bob found online what he thinks will work even better than the piece of molding he bought yesterday. If it will make putting the transition in any easier for him I’m all for it. Of course when we got there they didn’t have what he wanted in the size he needed. BUT, he found something else that he liked even better than the molding he already has. Whatever it takes, I don’t care at this point as long as we keep receipts. Oh yeah, we did bring back all the extra flooring we had since we’re now going with carpet in the bedroom. We also returned the left over kitchen tiles and some other odds and ends.

While we were in town we stopped at the grocery store, a furniture store, JC Penney’s, Walmart and Mickey D’s.

Needless to say no work is getting done today. That’s ok….he doesn’t have to work on it every day. The house is functional.

When we got home I put a turkey in the oven for dinner. In fact, I made our Thanksgiving dinner today. I made all the things that we would have if we were back in Delaware.

My turkey turned out so well!

IMG_6943

I can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings! I just hope its not another trip to town.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow you guys have had a time with that floor. Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner and really enjoy the time away from working on the floor. Sometimes you need to walk away from the work for a couple of days. I hope you guys love the floor when it is done. Right now I know you are sick of it. Looks really good in the photos!

Tracy said...

Wow you guys have had a time with that floor. Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner and really enjoy the time away from working on the floor. Sometimes you need to walk away from the work for a couple of days. I hope you guys love the floor when it is done. Right now I know you are sick of it. Looks really good in the photos!

Nelly said...

I admire you guys for taking your time with that floor. I myself love to do everything myself. At least, with those things that i can. I'm sure you are all enjoying it. The turkey looks good and yummy. Enjoy the holiday! Take your time and enjoy yourselves walking on that floor.

Nelly said...

Wow! I'm sure you're enjoying what you're doing. Going back and forth to town is quite an effort. But of course, when everything is finished then you can take your time off. Enjoy walking on that floor. I like the turkey. The cooking looks perfect. I'm sure you had a good thanksgiving.