Monday, November 1, 2010

11/1/2010 November! Already!

Before I go any further I have a birthday greeting I want to send out!

image

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

TO OUR FRIEND

DIANE!

I just can’t believe it is November already! But November it must surely be because the Christmas trees are up in the stores, Christmas music started playing on the radio today, Christmas cards are on the racks already in the stores and the toy commercials have started on TV. Yep, it must be November.

We started our day early today. We were up and waiting for the dump truck to arrive that was bringing our stone.

It arrived right on time.

IMG_6843

We had already borrowed a wheel barrow and a hard rake so we were ready to get to work as soon as it was dropped.

It got backed into the side yard and stopped where Bob said he wanted it dumped.

IMG_6844

The delivery guy started dropping….

IMG_6845

IMG_6846

IMG_6847

Doesn’t look like much does it? That’s four tons? I thought for sure we ordered too little.

Bob got right to work loading the wheelbarrow time and time again and depositing piles all over our corner lot. I got busy spreading it out but soon found I couldn’t tell the difference where the new stuff started and the old stuff ended. Also, I wasn’t spreading it as thin as it should have been. Bob only wanted it an extra inch deep all over and i had areas that were much deeper than that. So I did what every good helper that isn’t quite up to snuff should do. I went to the pool. After being with Bob for 30 years now I have learned that there are things he would rather do by himself and this was one.

He didn’t get it all done today and neither one of us expected that he would. It turns out that four tons is a lot stone!

fall leaves

30 Days of Truth - Day 15: Something or Someone You Couldn't Live Without

Gosh these questions make you think. I thought of all kinds of things before I hit on the one that makes sense to me. My first thought was there is no way I could live without my Pepsi’s. But I could, I wouldn’t like it but I could. Remind me some day to tell you about the story when I was in basic training. I started thinking of materials things I wouldn’t want to give up but if it came down to brass tacks, hey, I got these, I’ll get more.

The one thing I couldn’t live without is freedom. I take my freedom in this country very seriously. I cherish it. I can’t imagine living with any kind of restraints other than the laws we have in place to protect us as a people. I don’t agree with all the laws but I know they were put in place with good intentions.

I can’t imagine not having the freedom to go where I want, when I want. To say whatever is on my mind. To write whatever I want in this blog.

I take this freedom so seriously because I give great credit to those who gave their all so that I may enjoy this freedom that I know. I can’t take it for granted and its something I never, ever want to be without.

This is my truth.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

That was beautifully said, thank you.

LaVon Baker said...

Very beautifully said, indeed. I did not give enough thought to that question.