Tuesday, November 23, 2010

11/21-11/23/2010 The Knees, The Back, The Hips

The title of this encompasses some of the body parts on Bob that give him great pain right now.

He is aching all over. He told me tonight that he hasn’t been this sore since jump school in Fort Bragg, forty three years ago.

Up and down, up and down, all day long. I tell him repeatedly to ask ME to get him what he needs but he just doesn’t think about it or its something he has to do.

I’m the go-fer. I go to Lowe’s for this and to Home Depot for that with a few trips to Walmart thrown in for good measure.

The floors are coming along beautifully. The living/dining room is now done with the laminate. The kitchen is done with tile. The hallway and entryway will be finished tomorrow and most likely the bathroom will too. When he’s done this tomorrow I’m going to insist that he rests.

He did get a day off on Sunday because it was so windy here that there was no chance of working outside trying to cut wood. I was glad for the wind!

I am so fortunate that Bob is the carpenter that he is. He pays attention to detail and doesn’t settle for less than the very best he can do. Every corner matches and every seam is straight. I remember when we were building our three season porch in Delaware and the inside corner was cut 1/32 of an inch short. It looked fine! If we had hired someone to do the job, in all likelihood that cut would have been good enough I’m sure. For Bob….not so much. I told him no one would ever notice that in a million years. He told me when he walked into the porch that was all he saw. Needless to say it was done over again. Its just who he is and I’m glad he is the way he is! Sometimes he drives me nuts but in the end I’m always so proud of him and his work. I am so lucky and I know it!

I’m not going take anymore pictures of the rooms, at least that’s my plan right now. Not until they are done and all put back together. Our fridge is in the dining room right now and I’ll be so glad when its back where it belongs. The dining table is in the living room and stuff is just out of place all over.

While I was making a run today to Lowe’s I stopped at Fry’s grocery store and bought a nearly 12 pound Butterball turkey for $3.67! SCORE!

And the floor story continues.

fall leaves

30 Days of Truth

I’ve lost interest in this. Plain and simple. I’m not finishing it.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

I lost interest several days ago.