Sunday, November 28, 2010

11/28/2010 I’ll Call This One…..

HOUSTON, LOWE’S, WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

Bob went and played poker last night. He really needed to get away from the house,,,,the floor. I went over to Carl and Sandy’s for a bit and the subject of the floor came up. I relayed how there was a problem with the transition and Carl perked right up. He said, “I know what’s wrong!” And then I perked right up!

It seems as though the directions with the transition package doesn’t give a full set of instructions. He started to tell me what needed to be done and halfway through my eyes just sorta glazed over. This was way too much for me to take in. I told Carl that I wanted him to come over in the morning. He agreed that he would. I told him Bob would never ever believe me if I tried to tell him what was wrong and Sandy chimed in with, “That sounds just like here!”

So this morning Carl came over and found Bob laying on the floor “studying” the situation. Carl told him what the problem was and explained that he went through three, count em’ three, sets of transition packages. He said the first one just splintered, like ours. The second one did the same thing when he was “tapping” it into place. He went on to explain when that happened to the second one he then took a hammer to it to make sure it was dead. That was when he got the directions out again, laid on the floor to “study” the situation that he realized what the directions didn’t say. Just as Carl was explaining, Bob was seeing it for himself at the same time.

So off to Lowe’s I go to get the second set of transition wood. At $27.00 a pop. I got the last one in the color we need. Do I need to tell you I said a prayer that this one would go in easily because I didn’t see our “wood” on display anymore either. Please don’t let this be discontinued….please.

By the time I got home he had taken the metal channel up and fixed what needed to be fixed on it and had it back down again already to put the wood pieces into it. Again. So he's down ont he floor, measuring, piecing pieces together and he gets a section in! YES! We're on our way to having this job complete. Halfway across and things are going fine. He's taking his time, he's gentle as he "taps" the pieces down into the channel. All is right with our world! I decided to go shopping online and I'm just surfing along and then I heard it. CCCRRRRAAAACCCCCKKKKKK! Oh no, please don't let that be the transition wood. Please! Please! Please! I would rather it be Bob falling through the floor than having that $27.00 dollar piece of wood cracking in half. Then I heard HIM. I stayed put. No way was I walking out to see what happened. Oh dear God, please keep Bob out in the kitchen, please don't let him remember I'm back here in the bedroom. Even though he won't be yelling at ME he'll be yelling. I can't stand it anymore. I walk out into the hallway and he just looks at me. It looks like he is ready to explode. I feel so bad for him. He can't hold it it anymore .....*(&^%%#&$*%(%)**&@&^@*&#(!

He says, "Get in the truck! We're going to Lowe's!" I said, "Ok,,,but let's load up the rest of the flooring material and return it." Looking back now, that probably wasn't the best time to bring this up,

We get to Lowe's and he goes straight to the wood section,,,not the flooring section. I see him coming down the aisle with a piece of wood in his hand, molding actually, and he says, "I should have done this in the first place! I'm going to make my own!" I didn't say a word.

When we got back to the house he just put it away. Enough is enough for one day.

So close…..

IMG_6941

….and the floor saga continues.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

But the floor is so pretty!