Monday, November 15, 2010

11/15/2010 Bob the Builder…..Builds

Well, maybe builds isn’t the correct terminology here. Maybe reinforces would be a better fit.

Today we made another trip to….

IMG_6889

On the way we saw a……

IMG_6887

For those who don’t recognize this bird its a roadrunner. BEEP BEEP!

Since Bob has some major reinforcements to do a trip to the store was in order for supplies.

IMG_6891

The tip out is now safe we feel for ….weight!

With the blocks underneath Bob finally felt safe in removing the hinges.

IMG_6893

More carpet is gone now. A little bit at a time, but he’s getting there.

IMG_6894

Bob filled in the gap from the main area of the park model and tip out section with a can of spray in foam that hardens.

IMG_6895

I tried my best to stay out of his way because if I didn’t I surely would have learned a whole new language so I spent a couple of hours doing laundry and visiting.

fall leaves

30 Days of Truth - Day 22 - Something You Wish You Hadn’t Done In Your Life.

I knew what this answer was as soon as I read the question. If I could go back and do it over again, knowing what I know now, oh boy, if only.

I would NOT have gotten out of the National Guard or quit the full time job I had with them. It was so STUPID of me to do so back then. Oh yeah, I had a good reason but hindsight is always 20-20 and now I know I should have explored more avenues instead of taking the easy way out. You see, Bob and I were in the same National Guard unit which meant we had the same drill weekends, the same Annual Training periods and his boys had just come to live with us. It would have been very difficult to work around all the care giving problems we would have encountered so I took the easy way and got out. What a monumental mistake that was. I could be collecting a pension check right now with another one starting in two and a half years. I was making good money in that full time job I had. I was making more than double the minimum wage at that time in that position. I had the world by the you know what’s and threw it away. Maybe threw it away is a bit harsh but I sure wish I knew then what I know now!

Of course, I truly believe everything happens for a reason and when I think of the people that I would not have met and the friendships I had/have because of employment since then….well, maybe it was supposed to be this way.

Still, I wish I hadn’t gotten out.

This is my truth.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I wish I did not marry my second husband. My first husband was killed in a car accident when my daughter was 5 months old and I remained "single" until she was 13 years old. Oh why or how could I have allowed myself to be suckered in by that man is beyond me. One of the biggest mistakes of my life. But like all things, you can learn from mistakes. Wow am I grateful that miserable part of my life is over. Yay!