Saturday, November 6, 2010

11/3 – 11/6/2010 Stone Spreading/Pool Walking

These past few days have been filled with stones and a wheelbarrow and a shovel for Bob. Finally, all the stone is spread to his satisfaction and it does look very nice. He’s put together a new step for the back patio, he’s made an outside lamp post for us that is light / dark sensitive, has added the electrical outlet for it and has cleaned all the grout in the bathroom. And in between all this,,,,he’s been looking for campgrounds in North and South Dakota for camp hosting jobs for us for next summer. Bob HAS to be busy. Bob can’t sit still. If he isn’t puttering or DOING he isn’t happy. The man doesn’t know how to just sit and relax. Actually, this probably is relaxation for him. No time frames to get things done, he can work as long or as little as he wants, at what he wants, when he wants.

And what have I been up to? I’ve been working on my tan. I go to the pool everyday and now I have taken up pool walking. Three of us, Diane, Bonnie and me walk back and forth, back and forth across the pool for 45 minutes. When done that we head to the deep end with our swimming noodles and bicycle for 15 minutes. In addition I’ve started working out with free weights. I’m not doing a whole lot there yet as this has just been going on for a few days now. I have no trouble falling into bed at night.

The park is starting to fill in now. The winter residents are arriving but it seems to most of us here that the season is getting a later start than usual. People are coming down later than years past and some that are usually here already won’t be arriving until after Thanksgiving. Its just a strange year so far.

Friday morning I went with Carl, Sandy and Carol to another RV park to help teach a line dance class. I was really worried there for awhile that these students just weren’t going to get the steps down but finally after about a half hour we got through a dance from start to finish. They picked up the second one in no time flat and were excited about what they learned. When we left we had the distinct feeling that they would be counting the days till next Friday when we do it again.

fall leaves

30 Days of Truth - Day 17 A Book You've Read That Changed Your View On Something

I don’t read anything other than novels based in modern times. It can be a love story, a mystery, a humorous book but nothing that has changed my mind or view about anything. I read for the pure enjoyment of it and its a way to pass time. I don’t read to get anything out of it. I don’t read to self analyze, I don’t read to decipher feelings I have,,,,I read just for fun, pure and simple.

This is my truth.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

For me it is all of the medical information I read to try to keep current in my nursing career. Wow have things changed since I first went to school in 1983.