Tuesday, November 9, 2010

11/9/2010 SPAM!

Up early this morning because its line dancing day. How a good crowd and 99% had to be there last week because we were dancin’ from the git go. I love days like this.

After dance class, my friend Marlene asked me to accompany her to her place because she had a gift for me. Marlene had called me during the summer to tell me she was in a special place and that it was somewhere i just had to go when I visited that state. Marlene was visiting a museum in Minnesota. She was in the SPAM MUSEUM! You can find out more by clicking on this link. http://www.spam.com/

IMG_6865

And she bought something just for me! A SPAM coolie-cup!

IMG_6861

Thank you Marlene! I love it!

In the afternoon I didn’t make it to pool walking. Somehow I had the idea that Bob and I were going to town. I was waiting around because he was puttering with this and that and finally at quarter to one I said to him, “What time do you plan on going?” and replied, “Go where???” I told him I though we were going to town and he said he no plans to go to town. I don’t know what gave me the idea that that was our agenda for the afternoon. So I did laundry instead.

Bob played pool for the first time this season and he had a good night in the pool hall. He won his games.

I played my first game of Mexican Train this season. I didn’t win

.fall leaves

30 Days of Truth - Day 20 - Your Views on Drugs and Alcohol

I’ve already made my views on alcohol quite clear. I have no use for it.

Ok, this is supposed to be 30 Days of TRUTH with emphasis on truth. I’m not going to be a hypocrite here. I have smoked pot. . It is what it is. I do not smoke pot anymore and haven’t for quite awhile now. I never, ever did cocaine, crack, crank, heroin or anything like that. Certainly not ones that involved needles!

My view on drugs today. If you sell hard drugs to little kids, you should go to jail for life!

However, I do think pot should be legalized. Pot is NOT a stepping stone to hard drugs. I am living proof of that. It never made me want to leap off tall buildings, it never made me believe I could fly or that I had superhuman powers. The worst effect I ever had was that I craved brownies, with walnuts. Or fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies with ice cold milk.

I have no problem with marijuana being legal but don’t use hard drugs and kids in the same sentence around me. That just doesn’t cut it.

This is my truth.

2 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I'll go you one better. Anyone who sells hard drugs to kids should be stood up against a wall & shot. No sense wasting tax payer money keeping that kind in prison.

Tracy said...

I have been a drug and alcohol rehab nurse for 18 years. I disagree with you about marijuana. I feel it is a gateway drug. Every heroin and cocaine addict that has been my patient has started with pot and alcohol. Not everyone who uses drugs, of any type, will become addicted but for those who have the genentic predisposition, pot can open the door. Strong, really strong, consequences are needed for dealers selling to kids.