Monday, October 10, 2011

10/10/2011 Leak Fixing

When we got up this morning I was dreading the day. Saturday night, after a shower, I noticed a splash as I walked through the bedroom. I stopped dead in my tracks and my heart nearly stopped! Thoughts of this water incident (it spans three posts) came to mind immediately!


I called to Bob “We’ve got a problem.” He jumped up and came running. This is where the narrative stops describing the next 15 minutes. It isn’t fit for print. Let it suffice to say that Bob was not a happy camper. He could see where the problem was. He turned off the water at the source and dried the carpet as well as he could with towels and then set up space heaters and fans. Its always something with this Cameo 5th wheel.


So today is the it gets fixed. For those of you not familiar with 5th wheel trailers the beds are platform beds. Underneath the platform is lots of storage space, the motor for the slide out if you have one (I think) and plumbing. Pipes and tubes and fittings. The motor and plumbing stuff is enclosed in a box like structure so stored things can’t hit them or damage them. Got that?


I cleared as much out of the way for Bob as I could. I had laundry bags sitting on the floor and now a pile of damp towels. Bob lifted the platform and it stays up without holding it because there are hydraulic lifts that do the job. He had to unscrew the lid to the box that houses the plumbing and it was a tight fit. He saw where the problem was the night before last and now had to figure out the why of the problem. Luckily it was nothing more than a very, very loose fitting. Bob took the time to check all the other fittings under there, under the bathroom sink and the kitchen sink. Before long water was flowing through our pipes again.


Sandwiches for dinner and another evening of TV and Internet.

No comments: