Sunday, October 23, 2011

10/23/2011 Joy and I Were Brave…Stupid?

Joy and I went against everything we’ve heard about traffic on the weekend. We went out today only because she had to make a run to Home Depot. She called to ask if I wanted to ride along and I said yes without even thinking. I’m just glad she was driving! People here are crazy!!!! Lane changing with no directional signals. Left hand turns from right hand lanes. Crazy I tell ya.


Bob took a well deserved day off. That’s not to say he didn’t do anything, he just moved at a much slower pace and took more breaks.


I met Pat in the Tradewinds club house with about a dozen and a half others this evening for a rousing game of Pokeno. Never played Pokeno? Think Bingo with the card having pictures of playing cards on them instead of little square with a number. (I’ve never seen a book with cards in it like shown below, we each had an individual card.



We each had to put pennies in different “pots” such as center square, diagonal, four corners, postage stamp, full house, four of a kind and pokeno.


Everyone had several turns at being the caller. You had to flip over the cards in a regular deck of playing cards and call out the card. In turn, everyone who had that number put a penny on their card in the appropriate spot. The first one who got a penny on all four corners called it out and got the four corners pot. The same with the center square, a diagonal bingo, four of a kind and so on.


I wish I had my camera with me! I finished up as the big winner of the evening with quite a pile of pennies in front of me. To the point I had to borrow another container to get them all home. Will I be back next Sunday to play again? You betcha!

1 comment:

Peggy & Bill said...

That was one of my favorite childhood games. Ours came in a red box.