Thursday, October 6, 2011

9/28-10/6/2011 The Last Nine Days…..

Wow! It’s been nine days since I’ve posted anything here. I hate when I get behind like this and I imagine its frustrating for you when you come to read what we’ve been up to and it’s the same post as the day before, for days on end. I have nothing more to say other than I’ll try to do better because, after all, I don’t like it either.


So what have we been up to? Well, we’ve been busy getting the park model in Quail Run ready for the couple who are going to be staying in it this season. We’ve been cleaning and doing minor repairs and cleaning and buying new stuff and cleaning and catching up with friends here and cleaning….. Now let me switch gears and ask, “Can you say DUST STORMS?” Oh. My. Gosh! We have never seen anything like this. Bob no sooner gets the outside all spic and span and we have a dust storm and he has to start all over again. Of course during the storm we realize that something of ours is out on the carport so we have to open the door to go get it and the super fine dust finds its way inside. Not huge piles of sand but a very, very fine coating. I hope these dust storms, every other day, are not a peek of what this winter is going to be like. Who wants to spend their time dusting all the time?


We had a new roof put on the park model.


IMG_9667


IMG_9668


We hired a well known to Quail Run, all around handyman and nice guy, Rafael to do the job. Him and his helper did a good job at an excellent price. We did go ahead of time and buy the shingles because of the military discount we get. You gotta save a buck wherever you can, right?


We’ve been working on using up the food we brought with us and this roll of slice and bake cookies was just relentless in calling my name. I had, just HAD to make them! OOHHH,,,,were they ever good! What really surprised me was how long they lasted. I think this three dozen cookies last four days!


IMG_9663


I’ve spend quite a bit of time with Dee our new park manager helping her get an idea of what the Activities Department does. I like her so much and just know that she is going to be a huge asset to this park.


Our 5th wheel is in Tucson having the warranty repairs done and they are now all completed. We are on the road again tomorrow! We’re heading to San Antonio, Texas and will meet up with Joy and DeWayne, our co-camphosts from this summer and Pat and Dann who we met in South Dakota at Fort Sam Houston. We can’t wait to be with these couples again as they are just, plain and simple, good people.


So we’re on the road again….let’s get those wheels turnin’!

No comments: