Monday, October 24, 2011

10/24/2011 Shopping Trip, Broken Filter & A Leak

After being in the park all weekend Bob was anxious to get and get some things he’s had on his shopping list.


First things first, our bikes need some updates. New seats for one. I don’t know who the original seats were designed for but it must have been for somebody with buns made literally of steel. So uncomfortable! Not anymore, we have nice cushy seats.


IMG_9754


A basket for me. I am really glad to have this because it was getting more and more difficult to hold the handlebars, have my camera strap over my shoulder with my camera banging against my side and leg and to carry a Pepsi. The basket is removable with the push of a button so I can take whatever I’m carrying with me.


IMG_9753


I still need new tires and the “streamers” for my handlebars but I don’t know if they even make them anymore. Oh, and baseball card/clothespin for my spokes. If you are going back to your childhood where your bike is main transportation then you might as well go all the way back!


IMG_9752


We also had to look for a filter for our air conditioner. And of course Camping World didn’t have one or any other local place we could find.


I do have to say, it was nice getting out today with just “normal” traffic. Who couldn’t be happy driving on streets like this?


IMG_9785


Oh we are not happy campers with LaMesa RV in Tucson. This is where we took our RV to get warranty repairs done. One of our complaints was that the air conditioner knobs were very difficult to turn. When we picked our rig up the service writer assured me that the knobs turned easily and that in fact they had quieted the AC because it was noisy. Oh great,,,above and beyond. Or so we thought. We needed the AC over the weekend and I wanted to turn the one in bedroom on too to help cool it down. I could not even turn the knobs a 32nd of an inch let alone ON! I didn’t say anything to Bob because he found another leak and he wasn’t exactly in a good mood.


Well, wouldn’t you know, he also tried to turn on the AC on. I wasn’t even in the same room when he tried and I knew he did. Heck, I could have been outside and would have known he tried to turn the knobs on the AC if you get my drift. This was not going to be pretty. I think he’s at the point he’s ready to torch the RV. (ONLY KIDDING….in case, God forbid, this thing should catch fire I don’t want our insurance company to really think we did that.) So Bob decides he’s going to find out what’s going on with AC and proceeds to take it apart. It wasn’t too much later that I heard he found something he didn’t like. Reluctantly, I went upstairs when beckoned and my blood pressure also went through the roof when I saw what he was holding in his hand.


One mangled, ripped, torn, broken AC filter.


IMG_9747


IMG_9748


IMG_9749


Seems as though whoever worked on our AC couldn’t get the filter in the right way so forced it in. The knobs? Pushed so far into the casing they would never turn. Bob was able to correct the knob problem and I got on the phone with LaMesa. They didn’t have one in stock to send us so I called the manufacturer at their prompting and ordered one. Granted, they could have made the call but it would have been sent to them and in turn they would have send it to us so by us calling we’ll get it a whole lot faster. That part works for me. They will reimburse us for the part as soon as they get a copy of the receipt.


Now to the get the leak fixed. It was too late in the day to even get into this so we just turned the water off when we were done for the day. It was a very slow leak so it was no big deal even when the water was on, it could wait till the next day.


We are really getting’ to not likin’ this Carriage RV. Or maybe that should be the PEOPLE who built it, the PEOPLE in Quality Control, or lack thereof, and the PEOPLE who repair them. There just doesn’t seem to be pride in workmanship anymore.

No comments: