Thursday, October 13, 2011

10/13/2011 Dinner on the River Walk

The gang’s all here,,,well, almost, Jerry and Valerie aren’t with us yet, but that will come in time.


The six of us, Pat and Dann, Joy and DeWayne and us went to the River Walk for dinner. I think the San Antonio River Walk ranks right up at the top of my favorite places to be.


Here we all are in front of the Alamo.


IMG_9711


I don’t know what this building is but I like it!


IMG_9708


We passed Ripley’s believe it or not and just had to have our picture taken with “a replica” of the world’s tallest man. All eight feet eleven inches of him!


IMG_9709


IMG_9710


Going down to the River Walk….


IMG_9713


A blown glass sculpture in a store window. I would not want to be the driver of the truck who had to bring this in. Or the men who had to hang it!


IMG_9717


We walked the River Walk, taking in the sights.


IMG_9715


It would be fun to have dinner on the river. We saw this boat later with its dinner guests and they all seemed to having a grand old time.


IMG_9724


Flowers in pots….from the bottom.


IMG_9718


I call this one…..wait for it,,,,wait for it,,,,,,,


D U C K


IMG_9720


Dusk, settling in.


IMG_9729


We stopped to have dinner at Rita’s Mexican Restaurant. I only eat two Mexican dishes. Tacos and a beef fajita. Even with the fajita I only want the beef, peppers and onion. No rice, guacamole, just the beef and veggies. In a nutshell, its Mexican, Chinese pepper steak. Works for me! Anyway, I had a hamburger. Now who is surprised at that?


The Alamo at night time.


IMG_9735


Good food, great atmosphere, FANTASTIC friends, it’s what its all about.

2 comments:

valerie said...

What a beautiful photo of the gang! ...but Snookie is the haboobs following you in texas now???

LaVon Baker said...

Beautiful pictures of the river walk and....
......
......
......
DUCK.