Monday, July 29, 2013

7/29/2013 Packing Up, Shipping Him Out

(Wilmington, DE)

Today was a day for laundry and packing Bob’s stuff for his annual weeklong fishing trip in Oswego, New York with his buddies.  We have both been looking forward to this.

To give credit where credit is due Bob did pack his suitcase.  When I had a few things from the clothesline ready to go in I attempted to put them in said suitcase and had to chuckle to myself.  It just simply amazes me that he can build a house, fix darn near anything but the man doesn’t have a clue how to pack a suitcase.  There was no order.  For heavens sake, socks were just stuffed everywhere!  His jean shorts were folded top to bottom and then side to side.  Polo shirts were folded in half twice and thrown in.  We’re talking wrinkle city here people!  Oh no, no, no, not on my watch.  I emptied the suitcase completely, folded everything neatly, put like items together in piles and then in a highly organized fashion Bob’s clothing and toiletries were placed with precision into the suitcase.  Packing perfection!

We are still enjoying delightful, low humidity days in Delaware.  That new air conditioner still hasn’t run. 

Mom made us her delicious pot roast with all the trimmings for dinner.  I think she has visions of Bob being with a bunch of guys all week and eating beans out of a can.  If she only knew!

I made contact with a gal I grew up with and we have decided to meet for dinner this coming Friday.  Us and our moms.  We haven’t all be together in close to forty years!  Yes, we’ve seen them individually since then but not all together.  We’re all looking forward to it!  In fact, today is her birthday.  Happy Birthday Cathy!

Bob called it an early night because he has to meet the fellas at 5 a.m. tomorrow morning.  He’ll take the Mustang to the VFW lodge and I’ll pick it up sometime tomorrow.  I’m just glad I don’t have to get up to take him.

Mom and I passed the evening playing cards and just enjoying being together.

 

No comments: