Thursday, April 9, 2015

4/9/2015 We’re Leavin’ on a Jet Plane

(Arizona City, Philadelphia, PA, Bear, DE)

There IS a 3:30 in the morning!   I know  this because both of our phone alarms went off to wake us up.  We’re headin’ east today.

My mom’s 80th birthday is tomorrow the 10th.  My brother is a having a surprise party for her on Saturday at his house.  We’re part of the surprise!

It’s hard for me to get moving at 3:30 a.m..  I hope I don’t see 3:30 a.m. again for a long time.

It didn’t take long for us to get out the door as everything was packed before we went to bed.

Needless to say traffic was practically non-existent all the way to Phoenix.

We parked off the airport property because you know me, Queen of Cheap, I found a great deal for storage under cover for our car while we’re gone.  With temps in the 90’s every day now parking under cover is important.

Our flight takes off at 7:15 a.m..  We’re flying straight through, no stops or layovers anywhere.  This is our first flight like this, I think I’m gonna like this.

We hit a little bit of turbulence on the way but other than that it was a nice flight.  I sat next to a lady who I thought was in her 20’s  and was shocked, yes SHOCKED to learn she was 45.  She mentioned her son in our conversation and I was thinking a little kid and when she said her youngest was 14 I nearly fell out of my seat.  Lady has some good genes!

We watched the movie about Steven Hawking in flight, if you haven’t seen it, rent it.

My cousin Kathy picked us up in Philly airport and first stop was Capriotti’s for 5 subs.  You aren’t surprised are you?  The three of us then proceeded on to our friends Dian and KK’s where we’ll hide out until Saturday. 

So here we are in Delaware, just 10 miles from my mom and I can’t let her know we’re here.


No comments: