Thursday, May 17, 2007

5/16/07 Home is Where My Garden Is

Today I found Utopia! I spent quite a bit of time at the nursery down the street and I was in heaven! I knew I was missing my gardens at home but I didn't realize how much until I wound my way through the tables of flowers and vegetable plants at T n T Nursery. Tamara, the owner of this nursery that is set up on her property was very nice to let me just wander around at my leisure. I had gone to buy some tomato plants and flowers for the boxes we brought with us. Here are some pictures of her place. She grows every single plant there from seed.





















I had a hard time choosing what to buy for my flower boxes but finally settled on these purple beauties that I have forgotten the name of. I've never seen these before but Tamara said she first had them when she lived in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

So between the purple flowers and the red and white impatiens I've satisfied my yearning for flowers.














Next in line, tomato plants! We've got four plants now, a Beefsteak, a Cherry tomato, a Grape tomato and one which I can't think of the name of. Bob and I bought three 5 gallon buckets and Tamara gave me a fourth to put the plants in, she even provided all the dirt to fill the buckets and flower boxes. So now we're set for the summer growing season.

















I can taste those tomatoes already!


Before I close this we have two birthdays to send wishes for. Our nephew, Dusty, and our good friend KK are both celebrating birthdays today. Happy Birthday to both of you!


Today is our last day of vacation. Tomorrow we are members of the workforce again. It was fun while it lasted!

No comments: