Tuesday, May 22, 2007

5/21/07 Lots of Different Tasks Today

Today brought a whole list of new things to do around the campground for me. Bob is still working on the picnic tables as they all have to be refurbished in some way. He was given a whole list of projects the owners would like to have accomplished this season but the picnic tables was the biggest by far so he started there. He's doing quite a job and they are turning out very nicely. Dan and Barb are very happy with his work.


I, on the other hand, have different tasks to do every day. In addition to checking in campers and ringing up sales in the camp store when needed I spent some time outside planting petunias and snapdragons. I did have the bejesus scared out of me today while playing in the dirt planting flowers. I had turned away from the flower bed to reach for the next pack of flowers and when I turned back THIS was looking at me! I don't know where it came from but all of a sudden it was there! Dan and Barb came running when they heard my shriek and got a big laugh out of it.




The afternoon brought pool work. It was emptied two days ago and now it was time to power wash it.

Yes, that's stainless steel you are looking at. Its the first pool I've ever seen with stainless steel walls and bottom is painted white. Barb says the water will be a pretty aqua color when the pool is filled again. Nice and clean isn't it?


At the end of day Bob and I practically collapse! After playing for the last seven months and now coming to work is taking its toll on us. It will take us a few weeks to really get back in the swing of things I'm sure.

See that yellow shirt I'm wearing? That is our "uniform". We all wear those bright, bright yellow shirts! We have T-shirts and polo shirts, a mixture of 5 shirts for each of us. Our only decision is what pair of shorts to put on every morning.

The weather here has been wonderful. We've mostly been in the high 70's to low 80's and the humidity has been nothing,,,,at least to us. The locals are complaining about it but Bob and I just aren't feeling it. For the most part that is. There was one afternoon where those from the east coast would describe it as "close" but its been very pleasant for us. When Bob is working in the sun and not under the shade of the trees then he says it gets hot, but then again he's doing something physical. We haven't turned on the AC yet and its been cool at night so sleeping isn't a problem.

All in all this workamping job has been going fine.

No comments: