Friday, July 6, 2007

6/29/07 It IS a Small World!

As I was riding through the tent section of the campground in the golf cart today I noticed a car with New Jersey tags. Being from Delaware and seeing a vehicle from so close to home I stopped to talk with the campers.

Bob had told me earlier in the week that he had met some retired Army Reservists from NJ but I thought they had been long gone as people come and go so fast here. It didn't take long for me to figure out this nice couple was one and the same. Meet Manny and Linda.



While talking with them they had mentioned that they had attended a class with some Delaware National Guard members and we soon discovered we knew people in common. They remembered one woman in particular. They stood there going through names and said, "Bailey, her last name was Bailey." I replied, "Jolly?" You should have seen the looks are their faces when they realized I knew who they were talking about. They asked if I had still had contact with her and I told them I hadn't in a couple of years but at one time we were good friends. They told me they would love to touch base and they gave me with their email address and asked me to pass it on to her if I could get in touch with her.

After work I made a few phone calls and was able track down a number for Jolly. I left a message on the machine and it wasn't too long before Jolly called me back. After taking the time to catch up on each others lives I gave her Manny and Linda's email address and told her they would like to hear from her.
OK, Manny and Linda, I did my part.

Manny and Linda with their boys.

Other than this, nothing of particular note happened today for me or Bob.

We do have one family birthday that we want to acknowledge. Our niece, Ryann, is turning 27 today. It seems like yesterday that I held her for the first time and now she's all grown up with a family of her own. Hope you have a wonderful day Ry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear friends:

Thank you so much for adding us to your website. The pictures came out great, and I love the write-up you did on our meeting. We haven't heard from Jolly yet, but we hope to soon.

We will keep following your travels with interest. Blessings to the both of you on your travels!!

Manny and Linda Estacio, Timothy and Steven (they are with me on the computer, and they insisted on adding their names to this post!!)