Thursday, July 12, 2007

7/9/07 Our Days Off Change

We're off today, a Monday. This is new for us as we usually have off on Tuesday and Wednesday. With the roofing jobs going on Dan and Barb thought it was best to change our days off. It didn't make sense to tear the shingles off of a roof on Monday, put a tarp on it, us be off the next two days and Bob get back to it on Thursday. The change in days off make no matter to either one of us, its all good.

Today I made potato salad. I don't make this often because Bob doesn't eat it, it has mayonnaise in it. Its hard to make this dish for one person but I made enough to share with Barb and Dan. With them working twelve hour days, seven days a week, they just don't have the time it takes to make it themselves. I was happy to give it and they were happy to receive it so it was a win-win situation.

The rest of the day we puttered around the house. Bob installed our new water softener and what a difference that makes! I didn't realize how hard our water was until I did a load of dishes. I put in the usual amount of dish detergent and had suds galore!

We're picking more tomatoes now, grape tomatoes that is. Our larger tomatoes will be ripe soon and I can't wait to eat that first one. The cherry tomatoes will start in a few days too. In years past we were already getting tomatoes by this date so the waiting is killing me!

We went through our brochures today to find something to do tomorrow. We've got a plan!

No comments: