Thursday, July 26, 2007

7/25/07 Photo Op for a Motorcycle Club

This afternoon we had a group of about 30 motorcycles pull into the parking lot. They didn't stay long, just long enough for someone from the rented U-Haul truck that was leading them to jump out and get a group picture.

This group is traveling together and they have certain points where they have to get their picture taken. In this case it was a picture with the KOA sign in it. For each picture they get the group gets so many points. This is something the American Motorcycle Association is sponsoring and I imagine the rental truck was carrying tents and their belongings. I don't know how long they are on the road for, I would think a week, but they sure seemed to be having fun. Dan and Barb say they have been here before to get a picture taken.

They left as quickly as they came. I feel lucky I was able to get a picture of part of the group before they took off.

Once again Bob was on the roof and today I made pizza boxes and packaged ice. It was a pretty slow day around here until late afternoon when the over nighters started to arrive.

I was sitting at the picnic table this evening when the campground cat got herself into a bit of a mess. I saw her jump into the bed of a pickup a few sites down from us and really didn't think much of it. She's always exploring open vehicles and storage bays in motor homes and trailers. It wasn't long before one of the campers in the site started emptying a tool box that's in the bed of the truck. I didn't see Miss Kitty leave the truck bed so I walked down to let the camper know she was in there somewhere. They were unhitched but the truck was still parked under the 5th wheel trailer, they hadn't moved it yet. We couldn't find her and then I looked up and saw her in the open space under the hitch. She wasn't alone. It seemsthe campers didn't know a bird had built its nest in the hitch and was in there with its babies as they traveled. These weren't full timers, just a family on a weeks vacation. We knew the mama bird was in the tree at the site because she kept flying down close and chirping her little head off. I felt so sorry for her because Miss Kitty found her babies. Tried as we did we couldn't get her out of the small space quickly enough. I don't have to go into graphic detail on the end result, you can use your imagination on this one.

Another day down.


No comments: