Sunday, July 22, 2007

7/21/07 Perfect, Sad and Frustrating

Another beautiful day here in Missouri. Our temperature was in the low 80's today with a nice breeze all day long. Perfect weather!

Crosseyed Cricket Canoe Company had another busy day on the river. Busy enough that Dan and Barb had to once again hire another school bus and driver. Things go much smoother for all concerned when there are two buses running back and forth when the floaters are done and need to be transported back to the campground.

Bob spent his day working on an electrical issue in the laundry room, staining a fence and I once saw him helping a camper at his rig. I'm sure he was glad just to not be on a roof today.

Nothing out of the ordinary for me today. No one requested a canoe in periwinkle blue or anything exciting like that.

During my four hours off in the afternoon I received a phone call from my brother informing me that a childhood friend lost her son in Iraq. He was killed by a roadside bomb. I certainly don't want to subject you, our readers, to my political views but I'm at the point to state this: Politicians, get out of the war, let the Generals and troops do their job and then get our service members home! Enough said!

Tonight we had breakfast for dinner. Bacon and eggs and toast. I took several pictures of the eggs we have but they didn't show the color like I wanted. We have green eggs! Joe, our weekend bus driver has chickens and supplies us with fresh eggs. One of his layers delivers green ones versus the usual white or brown. No matter what color background I used the eggs showed up white in the pictures, I guess the flash is too bright and washes the light green color out.

So that was our day, perfect because of the weather, sad because a friend lost her son and frustrating because I couldn't get the green egg color to show up in a picture.

No comments: