Tuesday, July 24, 2007

7/23/07 A Trip to the Gas Station

Today we made a five mile drive to the Flying J Truck Stop to get diesel fuel in the truck. This is probably something you do at least once a week. This is our first trip to the gas station in six weeks and we still had a quarter of a tank. We probably could have waited another two weeks but the price is starting to creep up and we figured we better fill it before it gets any higher. We paid $2.75 a gallon.



On this tank of gas we've been to St. Louis and made two trips to Meramec Springs Park. The bank, the food store, the haircut places, the VFW and gas station are all within a half mile of each other (5 miles away) so when we go we make sure we take care of everything we have to in one trip. Bob also uses the truck every day for work because all of his tools are stored in the toolboxes on board. He might put two miles a day on it. So fuel lasts us a long time here in Missouri. We better not get too used to this, after all, we're on the road in six weeks.



I received a package in the mail today, my winnings from Ebay for an auction I won. Since we have hummingbirds in this area I've been looking for a feeder that attaches to the window with a suction cup as I'd like to get some up close pictures of these tiny birds. I've found them online for $16 and $18. Last Thursday I looked at Ebay and found one that was going to end on Friday morning. The bid was up to $5.24. I waited until the last thirty seconds to put my bid in and won it for $5.52. The seller is located in St. Louis of all places so it didn't take long to arrive.




The new feeder is attached to the window that is over the dining table. I've seen hummingbirds feeding from it when I was outside but have yet to catch one when I'm inside with the camera.




Another day in the life of these full timers.



No comments: