Sunday, July 29, 2007

7/27/07 What a Birthday It Was!

Everyone should have a birthday like I did yesterday! It was just the best. I'm happy to say that I had lots of phone calls, emails, cards in snail mail and more than a few people sing Happy Birthday to me.



One Happy Birthday song really stands out. This one was from Barb. I walked into work and she broke out into song,,,,,such as it is. In a low, sad, monotone she started singing.



Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday


People are dying everywhere


Pain and sorrow fill the air


Happy Birthday




When she got the first Happy Birthday out I thought to myself, "Oh geez Barb, keep your day job!" Then I realized this wasn't the Happy Birthday song I thought it was.


Later in the day a couple came in to register and looked at me and said, "Are you Snookie?" When I replied that I was I heard, "Happy Birthday!" I looked at them and thought to myself, "Do I know you?" I must have had a puzzled expression on my face because the lady said, "Look, she can't believe we know its her birthday!" And I couldn't! How did they know? I looked at Barb and she just shrugged her shoulders. It was then we got busy and I didn't give it anymore thought, there just wasn't time. A while later this young fella came in and asked me who Snookie was. When I told him it was me he said, Happy Birthday! I must have had that same puzzled expression because he then mentioned this:


AHA! Now I knew!

Bob and I went out to dinner after work and I spent the rest of the evening on the phone with family and friends. Yep, a good birthday!

No comments: