Tuesday, July 24, 2007

7/22/07 First Bout of Homesickness

It finally happened. I've had my first bout of homesickness. Today our family and friends gathered at my brother Bill's house to celebrate his grandson's (our great nephew) third birthday. I called his cell this afternoon with the thought that they could pass the phone around and I could touch base with a lot of the people there. This was a mistake. I talked with about a half dozen people when it hit, the realization that this was the first big family party we've missed. Billy's mother-in-law, Mildred, got on the phone and told me I was missed. Another friend said it seemed strange that we weren't there. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and I could feel the tears coming. I told the last one I talked to that I had to get back to work and when the phone disconnected the tears flowed. It was rough for about an hour and I'm thankful that it was a pretty slow time in the office. Barb noticed I wasn't myself and asked if I was having a bad day. When I explained what I had done she nodded with understanding and handed me the Kleenex box. I don't think I'll make another call like that. I wanted to be home so bad.
Bob was busy hanging signs all around the campground today.















We certainly are enjoying some great weather here. It isn't getting much past 80 and we have a nice breeze. Of course this coming workweek the day time temps are supposed to rise and this is where Bob will work replacing one of the remaining Kabin roofs.


Not a shade tree in sight, unlike the last two weeks when he had plenty of shade.

Today's our Friday and we're looking forward to the next two days to relax.

No comments: