Friday, July 16, 2010

7/16/2010 A Strange Kind of Roadkill

Friday. Finally.

Today Bob spent the morning weed whacking….hot as it is he had to wear long pants for safety sake.

IMG_5483

I changed my day for putting out the reservation cards from my normal Saturday to Friday this week with co-worker Linda. We’re going to Wilmington for the weekend and are leaving this afternoon,

I was walking around the last section, before I finally decided that it was just too darn hot to be walking and was going to get the golf cart, when I saw something really strange.

Now Bob and I have traveled many, many miles over the years and especially these last four. We’ve seen all kinds of dead animals on the road or roadkill if you will. Deer, dogs, cats, groundhogs, squirrels, mice, birds and you can even throw an armadillo into the mix. Never have I seen roadkill in the form I did today. Roadkill, complete with tire marks!

IMG_5533

Obviously, someone caught this fish and dropped it on the way to who knows where and this is what was left.

Beach roadkill.

IMG_5534

Strange, really strange.

So we left around one and made it in time for my 3:30 hair appointment with Donna, my longtime hair stylist. I sat there and with confidence that all would be good told her to do what you want.

We went to mom and dad’s and it was HOT! My parents spend a good amount of the summer at the air conditioned cottage in Maryland and just don’t bother with air conditioning in this house. Of course we are in the middle of a very unusual heat wave too and that doesn’t help. The window air conditioner just wasn’t cooling the house down.

There was no cooking going on in this house tonight and we ordered steak sandwiches from our favorite sub/steak shop for dinner. Oh yeah, they had to twist my arm to go along with that! <very big grin>

Usually, we would have gone to the cottage but its birthday weekend in our family so we needed to be here. I think its gonna be a long weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well my new friend it has taken more than a month on three different computers and my Palm Pre to read this from beginning to present, some posts more than once. I have to tell you it has been most entertaining and enlightening. I have chuckled, laughed out loud and shed a few tears of sorrow and joy. It read like a novel and a very good one at that. Look forward to reading daily or keeping up to date from now on. Hopefully the day will come once I am on the road that our paths will cross and if you are ever in New England let me know would love to meet you in person.
From Keene, New hampshire
Thank you for the wonderful journey.
Deb

LaVon Baker said...

Hang on, Debs, it's a great ride with Snookie!1