Saturday, July 3, 2010

7/3/2010 This, That and a Fire

I did the reservation cards.

Bob weed-whacked.

I got my nails done.

Bob went fishing

That was pretty much our day.

Now the evening, that’s a different story.

I got online to check my mail before dinner and then came onto the blog to check a campground name for a friend. Here is the number that was on the counter when I signed on.

IMG_5314

After a seafood dinner, Bob had the last of the halibut from Alaska and I had Chicken of Sea tuna fish between two pieces of bread, I went up to enjoy the community fire the park was having and Bob enjoyed his recliner.

The sunset I missed! Everyone told me it was just beautiful and that I missed a good one.

IMG_5316

The camp fire started at seven. Its broad daylight, I’m not sure why it started so early. I didn’t get there until a little later and then couldn’t stay because the bugs were so bad.

I did return a little later but there wasn’t much of a turnout for the fire. A few kids were burning the hell out of roasting marshmallows but that was about the extent of it.

IMG_5322

IMG_5327

I don’t know if most of the people in the park went to the boardwalk in Rehoboth or Ocean City, MD but they sure weren’t at the campfire. I was really disappointed, I was all ready to sing campfire songs and to be scared to death by scary stories. Maybe next time. In the meantime I’ll learn a campfire song or two.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

I went to your blog the other day and I was # 123345. I thought that was pretty cool, but your's is better.