Thursday, July 8, 2010

7/7-7/8/2010 “OUR” Weekend

Wednesday here again already. These days are going by much too fast. I guess that’s what happens when every day is a day at the beach. Literally!

Here it is the seventh of July, gee is seems like just three days ago it was the 4th of July, where is the time going?

Today was GET BOB A HAIRCUT day. If we accomplished nothing else we had to do this. We got online, googled barbershops, copied down a few addresses in case the first one or two turn out to be girl’s shops. Heaven forbid!

We find the first shop, we see the barber pole and that’s a good sign but parking was iffy. I told to him stop and I would go inside and find out how long of a wait there would be. Twenty minutes, not bad, we can do this. Luckily a fellow was just coming out and Bob was able to get his parking space. I had a book with me so I just settled back and read.

Wouldn’t you know it, the barbershop had both a male and female barber and Bob got the woman. I thought I was going to hear something about that but actually I found out he would prefer to have a woman cut his hair. He says they use scissors. Go figure! Anyway, the hair is cut and his resemblance to a werewolf has diminished greatly.

We spent the rest of the day in the house because we are still in the middle of this heat wave. It is so hot and sticky outside you just don’t want to leave the comfort of A/C.

Thursday brought more heat and more humidity and we’ve all had ENOUGH!

Bob did venture over to go fishing and I had some errands to run so I went my way.

You know what I love about this time of year? Vegetable stands! I love the smell of ripe cantaloupe, the sight of the colorful veggies in their bins, the feel of a red, ripe tomato in my hand. Tomatoes are coming in now and there is nothing like that taste of tomato that is NOT screaming hot house! The corn has been sweet and squash and zucchini just the right size and firmness. We have been eating fresh green beans with melted butter and just a dash of pepper.

Have you priced bell peppers? They are through the roof! I found one stand that sold them by each rather than by pound so I picked the biggest one I could find. Oh yes, I love this time of year!

IMG_5366

So I venture outside to see what Bob is up to and what do I find????

This!

IMG_5361

Bob’s getting ready to go fishing and is cutting squid for bait.

IMG_5363

After dinner I went over to the water's edge to see what kind of sunset we had. I wasn’t so impressed tonight, I’ve seen better.

IMG_5359

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Sunset... still very pretty, just streamline.