Friday, July 23, 2010

7/22-7/23/2010 Company is Coming!

I spent Thursday doing all of our laundry, vacuuming, cleaning, getting everything done because company is coming!

We are reuniting with Ed and Audrey, friends we made in Yellowstone National Park two years ago. For you long time readers, you can refresh your memory of our time with these two here. We had so much fun with them then and are really looking forward to this weekend.

They were supposed to come in Saturday morning and leave Sunday but called and since there was a cancellation they were able to come in on Friday night.

After a while after we left Yellowstone we kinda, sorta, lost touch with each other but Audrey looked for me on Facebook and here we are! Gonna spend the weekend together and will never ever lose touch again. Nope, just won’t let that happen again.

Bob did his daily maintenance stuff and in this heat I feel for him! We are at 100 degrees every day now and on Friday we topped out at 106!

I never thought I would say this about Delaware….but we are in the land of hot cold water! Yep, turned the cold water on and had to wait FOREVER to get even cool water out of the faucet . These 100 degrees days have to stop!

Tomorrow I should be putting the reservation cards out but it is so hot so early in the day I decided to put them out this evening just before dark. I think I’m going to be glad I did this.

Actually, I did it after I took in this sunset.

IMG_5602

IMG_5607

IMG_5608

Our friends arrived around 11 pm and came by our place at midnight after they were set up. Of course our place was in darkness so they just headed back to their place, filled a cooler and went and hung at the beach until 3 a.m. enjoying the somewhat, kinda, sorta, cool-ish air. Actually, they said there was a nice ocean breeze and it felt good after their 3.5 hour drive and setting up. They didn’t have to do too much in the way of setting up because in the morning they’ll have to move to another spot anyway. At least they’re here and our weekend can start as soon as the last of the campers leaving tomorrow are gone.

Let the weekend begin!

No comments: