Tuesday, July 27, 2010

7/27/2010 Crabs with Old Neighbors

I worked today and spent approximately 7 hours outside sitting at the picnic table or in my beach chair reading while waiting for customers who needed ice. It was just too nice to be indoors. I think Bob even put in an hour over what was necessary because it was just so nice to be outside in the sunshine, moderate temps and low humidity. Truly a perfect day.

After work we beat feet to meet up with our old neighbors Diane and KK. They are down here for a week at the beach in a house they rented. Diane’s mom is here for a few days too so we were thrilled when they invited us over for crabs, shrimp, clams, corn on the cob and tomatoes out of their garden. We feasted!

It was so good to see these old friends of ours. Bob and Louise share something special so he is always very happy to see her.

IMG_5636

She is one special lady.

We enjoyed hours of catching up with everyone’s lives and families and we spent several hours on the deck of this house in the cool evening air. Again, perfection.

Did you ever burn your bottom lip on the corn on the cob? Whew, I did a job on mine. I guess the corn was hotter than what I thought because when we got home my bottom lip was swollen and red and it hurt! But the corn was oh so good!

Another day in paradise and what a day it was!

No comments: