Sunday, July 18, 2010

7/17/2010 The Search Begins….

Today Bob and I were on the road a little after ten for a day trip to Pennsylvania. We are in search of a new 5th wheel.

The dealership we went to had a used model, the same one I mentioned a few weeks ago but they would take a trade in which would make it easier for us. Times are tight and not everyone is in the market for recreational vehicle which might make it harder for us to sell our RV outright or we won’t get the price its really worth just because we have to sell it in order to buy one from a private owner. Does that make sense?

Anyway, we took a much longer ride than what I expected to go see this previously enjoyed 5th wheel. Now here is where Bob and I differ. He looks at the construction of it, which IS important, but I’m more interested in the decor and colors and what shape the flooring is in. Actually, I guess that’s a good thing because between the two of we have all the bases covered. Bob gave this rig a good grade, but me,,,,ah, not so much. I think it was previously enjoyed immensely! If I’m buying something used I at least want it in better shape than what I already have and this just didn’t cut in my eyes.

While we were there we figured we might as well look at the new units. Oh. My. Gosh. We fell in love with a 2011 Landmark. Luckily, there was no salesman about so we could slip out without signing any dotted lines. This will give us a chance to do some research online about this unit and look at dealerships that have 2010’s on the lot that have to go now that the 11’s are out. Oh yes, the Internet is a wonderful thing!

I can see the next few weeks will have Bob and I spending tons of time on the computers finding rigs in the surrounding states and emails will be flying back and forth through cyberspace getting questions answered. To tell you the truth, I don’t like this part of the shopping for the new rig. Bob is constantly calling me to his computer to look at this one.

The search is on.

My mom made a delicious dinner of pot roast, mashed taters, carrots and peas for dinner. It was almost too hot to eat but once we each tasted everything, well, the very warm temperature was a non-issue.

Evening time brought TV for the men and card playing for me and mom.

No comments: