Monday, July 26, 2010

7/26/2010 I Wonder……

I wonder if Mick Jagger got up this morning and said to himself, “Today is the day that me, Sandra Bullock and Snookie all share a birthday”. Nah, I don’t think he did either.

Today marks another year. Fifty seven today and what a birthday it was. Yeah, I had to work today in the camp store and it was my long day which means 11 hours but it was a good day just the same.

I started my day out with a dozen emails wishing me a Happy Birthday and my phone rang quite a bit complete with two serenades. One quite nice, from my forever friend Elaine and the other….oh well let me tell you about the other. Six singers and not one could carry a tune in a bucket! That’s ok,,,they tried and I appreciated the effort. That one was from another forever friend, LaVon and her friends. Dozens of “Happy Birthday, hope you have a great day” showed up on my Facebook page and then there was my favorite from Ronnie. “Happy Birthday to my 4th favorite step cousin”.

Bob really surprised me! We have just exchanged cards for years because we are at a point if we want something we just go get it. We just don’t see the need to have to try to think of something to buy, go shopping, get the wrapping done and all that stuff. Neither one of us needs or wants the hassle. Today, while at work in the store, a florist stopped in with a bouquet of flowers for me! I was so not expecting that!

IMG_5634

I ended the evening the with a beautiful full moon!

IMG_5631

Everyone should have a birthday like this!!!

No comments: