Sunday, October 31, 2010

10/31/2010 Happy Halloween-Our First Pot-Luck

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

image

Today found us making yet another trip to town. Everyday without fail it seems. We’re glad it isn’t any further away then the 10 miles it is.

Every time we go in to Lowe’s or Home Depot we look at carpet, ceramic tile, peel and stick tile, linoleum, laminate flooring but we never make a choice as to what we want. And time is running out. We just can’t agree. He wants carpet in the living room and bedroom with peel and stick in the kitchen, hall and bath. I want laminate throughout with a good sized area rug in the living room, a hall runner, and throw rugs elsewhere.

image

We also look at paint chips. I like one color, he likes it but wants it lighter. Again, we can’t agree. He likes pastel colors where I like the medium tone colors of the desert. I get aggravated, throw my hands up and say, “Then paint it white!”

We have so much to do and not a whole lot of time before we move out for the season. Pretty soon everyone will be here and activities will start and we’ll be busy with that.

image

So this Halloween brought us our first neighborhood get together. Well, that isn’t quite right since there are only three of us on our street so far. Our friends at the end of the street, Wayne and Marge invited us over for dinner along with a half dozen other couples for smoked pork loins that cooked all day. Everyone brought a dish to share so there was plenty to go round.

IMG_6840

IMG_6841

Nobody walked away hungry!

It wasn’t long before night fell and the Trick or Treater’s were walking the streets of Arizona City in search of bite sized morsels of chocolate and hard candies. There was a table at the front entrance for all the kids to get a treat as they walked by the RV park.

There was a Halloween dance this year but neither Bob or I were really in the spirit of the Halloween holiday this year so we stayed home. Besides the World Series was on and we didn’t want to miss a game.

November tomorrow….its hard to believe.

fall leaves

30 Days of Truth - Day 14 - A Hero That Has Let You Down

Ok, this is another one I really had to think about. When I think of who would qualify as my “hero” my dad and my husband come to mind. They are my only two “heroes”. If this question is asking for a person whom I admire…well, that’s different.

I’m going with that. The first one that comes to mind would be Tiger Woods. I did, no, I still do admire him for this golfing ability. As an individual he has fallen off that celebrity pedestal I had him perched on. I have to say I was truly taken aback when his, uh, “activities” were made public. To me he was such a gentleman, a true man of character. He seemed above reproach. He was a superstar! People of all backgrounds and ages, around the world, looked up to this young man. He had so much going for him, a beautiful wife, adorable children, a stream of income with no end in sight, endorsements out the ying-yang and youngsters all over the land that wanted to grown up and be just like him. A true role model. Or so we thought. And then….it was done. He wasn’t the superstar anymore. He wasn’t the gentleman I thought he was. The beautiful wife and children are gone, the endorsements have been dropped, (some, not all) and his golf game suffered. And for what? Because he couldn’t keep it in his pants? Oh please! I hope she they were worth it Tiger because they cost you dearly. Yes, I’ll still watch you play golf on TV only from now on instead of watching with admiration I’ll be watching with pity. You had it all and you let not only your family and yourself down, you let us down too.

This is the “hero” that let me down.

No comments: